CHESTER, W.Va. (AP) -- Hancock County authorities are searching for the cause of a tent fire that ignited hundreds of fireworks in Chester.
Media outlets report that the fire broke out late Saturday in a tent in the parking lot of Shorty's Place. The fire provided an impromptu fireworks display for residents in the vicinity.
Rick Boyer says he thought someone was setting the fireworks off when he began hearing them. He realized something was wrong when he went outside and saw rockets randomly shooting through trees and across a road.
Amy Sickelsmith says the incident was scary but she'll never forget it. She says the fireworks were shooting over houses and skidding across the road.
Fire officials say the blaze destroyed the tent but there were no injuries.