back to TV3 Mobile Information pages
TV3 Mobile Features
1) TV3 Mobile provides the ability to view news story comments in the mobile versions of content.
2) TV3 Mobile also allows content sharing functionality, including Email to Friend and Send to Facebook
3) If a particular device is detected properly and supports it, links from Google, online newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, and other web programs will take viewers to the TV3 Mobile version of that particular story or link automatically.
TV3 Mobile Functionality
1) TV3 Winchester has designed a unique directory structure for TV3 Mobile. Instead of the site residing on the same address as the full web channel, and relying on accurate device detection, we have placed TV3 Mobile to a different physical location (www.tv3winchester.com/mobi). This means that devices that are more advanced and that are recognized will still be redirected to TV3 Mobile, but still make TV3 Mobile very easily accessible for all other devices.
2) TV3 Mobile directory structure makes accurate and dependable analytics and reporting possible.
TV3 Mobile Future Enhancements
1) Weather is such an integral feature of TV3 Mobile. We plan to enhance the weather feature on TV3 Mobile. We’ll communicate these developments as they become available.
2) Search is a very important feature of any new media product. TV3 Winchester plans to rework the way our web channel search works. These web channel search enhancements will also be translated into enhanced search capability for TV3 Mobile. We will keep you informed as this upgraded functionality becomes available.
3) We are planning a significant upgrade to TV3 Mobile video. We are working on providing mobile video availability in the three standard formats: WMV, 3GP, and QuickTime. This capability will allow the majority of mobile viewers the ability to watch video on TV3 Mobile.
4) Navigation will get an upgrade in the near future, with the addition of sub-navigation functionality.