The holiday season officially kicks off Monday night in Winchester with the annual Christmas Parade in Old Town.
A number of street closures will be in place to allow the bands, floats, and of course Santa Claus to make their way through the city. The following streets will be shut down at 6 p.m. and will reopen immediately following the parade.
- Cameron Street from Fairfax Lane to Monmouth Street
- Piccadilly Street from Cameron Street to Braddock Street
- Braddock Street from Piccadilly Street to Cork Street
- Cork Street from Braddock Street to Kent Street
Parking restrictions go into effect at 4 p.m. in areas marked with “No Parking” signs.
The parade gets underway at 7 p.m. Parking is available for $5 at the following Autoparks:
- George Washington & Court Square (on Cameron St) – Use Kent Street entrance/exit only
- Braddock Street Autopark – No exit allowed until parade in finished
- Loudoun Autopark – No access restrictions
© Copyright 2013 TV3 Winchester / Gray Television Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.