Family and friends worked to salvage anything they could from a fire that happened on Green Spring Road in Frederick County on Friday.
The fire left the home completely charred.
Timothy Smelser is the father of two men who live at the house, and he said it started because wires in the wall caught on fire.
His two sons, and a girlfriend, woke up in the middle of the night to the smell of smoke.
They thought it was the wood stove but then they saw smoke coming out of the wall.
When it caught the wind, it ignited and they got out of the house.
Smelser said they lost almost everything they had, and he doesn't think they'll be able to move back into the house.
"What can you do? The most important thing to me, is that my boys are still alive," said Smelser. "It would have been two o'clock in the morning, they never woke up from it and I would have been standing there trying to identify them."
Smelser also said he grew up just down the street and had many meals at the house so seeing it burnt up is hard. The people who live in the home are being taken care of by the Red Cross.