Winchester Fire and Rescue Officials say the fire that killed two young boys in Winchester was determined to be electrical and accidental.
It happened on August 23, 2012 at 210 Summit Avenue around 9 p.m. Landon Heath and Brayden Jenkins died in that fire. Landon was six years old and Brayden was four.
Winchester Fire and Rescue Chief Scott Cullers says the fire started at a outlet next to the boys' bunk beds. Cullers says a smoke alarm in the hallway went off and the boys' step-grandfather tried to find them in their room, but was unable to because of the thick smoke that filled the room.
"We've met with the family on numerous occasions they seem to be very resilient and very strong," said Cullers. "We've reached out to them and told them if there is anything we could ever do for them to please call upon us. But we are hopeful that it will be a long time before anything like this ever happens again, but when you have unfavorable outcomes such as this it impacts you for the rest of your life."
Cullers says a room like the one the boys were in can fill up with smoke within 90 seconds to the point where the smoke is so thick you can't see, especially with a door shut.
© Copyright 2013 TV3 Winchester / Gray Television Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.