For viewers who have had difficulty receiving TV3 Winchester over-the-air since the DTV transition in June, this additional frequency may result in improved signal strength and reliability. If you have not been able to receive TV3 WINCHESTER over the air, please try a re-scan.
Use the following steps to re-scan:
1. Unplug the antenna from your digital television or DTV converter box.
2. Follow the manufacturer's recommended procedure for auto-scan or a re-scan of channels (This will clear out the memory of existing channels on your digital tv or DTV convertor box. Because the antenna is unplugged, your system should find zero channels).
3. Unplug the power from the digital TV or DTV converter box for at least two to three minutes.
4. Plug the digital TV or DTV converter box back into the wall.
5. Re-attach the antenna to the digital TV or DTV converter box.
6. Once again, follow the manufacturer's recommended procedure for auto-scan or re-scan of channels. This will allow your tv to lock-in the most powerful signal from TV3 Winchester.
For more information, click on related links located on our website.
Links like TVfool.com, that will allow you to put in your local address and direct you to the proper antenna type and orientation for your location.
As well as others to help you in receiving us all for free over the air.
Now that being said due to terrain and other factors it may not always be possible to receive our signal but unless you try you will not know.
One thing that may be a tad confusing, since it’s a translator…it will have the Virtual Channel (PSIP) 3.3, just like WHSV’s main transmitter. So, if you can pull-in both our UHF Channel 42 and UHF Channel 49 signals you’ll have two 3.3s appear in your channel list. Yeah…silly, I know.
But when you do get us we will show up on your TV as channel 3-3 The FCC requires that digital translators rebroadcast exactly the digital stream of the primary station. So, as we are carried along with programming from our sister station in Harrisonburg. You will get to see ABC HD programming along with Fox & My Valley as well as TV3 Winchester all for free.
Be sure to make sure your TV has a digital tuner. Some older models are HDTV ready but do not have a digital tuner in which case you will need a converter box.
Check with your TV manufacturer if you have any questions about your set.
Below are some helpful links:
Put in your address and you can see what direction and type of antenna you will need to see us. Keep in mind you will be looking for us on Uhf channel 42.